Thursday 28 October 2010

Back to business, Melbourne style

Monday was spent out at Geelong-which is a rural coastal town-[not featured above-that's hip and swinging  Federation Square in Melbourne!] where I visited the Clocktower- now a Headspace site: a flagship model for the national programme and hugely sucessful. I spoke to the team in depth, viewed the youth-friendly premises and met the outreach education programme leader who ran me through 'Docs and Teens'; an innovative programme which sees GPs and co-facilitators running workshops in schools. The aim is to demystify accessing health care from a GP and also aims to equip the year 9s with health information which  might empower them to promote their well-being. 
Monday night I was a tourist! Met up with Tammy from Durham who introduced me to the delights of south bank and  the  highlights of Melbourne's tourist attractions.I love this cool and trendy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment